Saturday 27 November 2010

Confessions of a Myopic Procrastinator, Part the Third

It's done!

There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth during the building, but all's well that ends well.



As you can see, the Gorger is all painted and based up now, and I think he's turned out OK, all things considered. Given his muscular definition, and the fact that he's a subterranean monster, I've tried for a high-contrast sallow-skinned look, with purplish shading and a sickly yellow tinge to the highlights.

In recognition of his vague resemblance to a certain star of 70's metal bands and reality television, I couldn't resist adding a little something to the base, viz, a decapitated bat. Here it is clutched in his right hand...


....and here's the bit he spat out.



So Ozzy's done and dusted - at long last!

So let's review the army so far;

  • Tyrant
  • Butcher
  • 6 Bulls
  • 4 Ironguts
  • and the Gorger.
I think we have enough characters for the moment, and I'm getting a bit sick of mucking about with metal, so let's have a change of pace.

A bunch of the little guys, a unit of Gnoblars, is next up. It'll do me good to see another regiment through to completion, so I'll make a start on the 40 or so of these I have stashed away. Although they're crap at fighting, get enough of them and they act as a sort of speed hump (or at least a rucked-up green carpet) for any more mobile enemies that might want to cause problems for the big lads. If they get steamrollered, who cares?

More later.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...