Thursday 13 February 2020

Ev's Challenge - Day 55 - The Journey Upcountry (and a Detour or Two)


Greetings Paint Fans, and welcome to my second round up of entries for The Tenth Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge!

I struck out from Sander's Sand Dunes, making my way inland to Millsy's Mill Pond, a deceptively calm stretch of water where old and forgotten figures were to be displayed, with provenance!

Well, they don't come much older than this chappie, a Daka Fal Adventurer from Citadel's line of RuneQuest figures, released in 1982. He's a member of the Sable Tribe of Prax (hence the horned helmet), and the priest of a cult of ancestor worshippers.


He netted me an excellent score, thanks to his extreme age, and so I felt emboldened to undertake a detour of sorts. I produced a Curtgeld entry, the price of admission to Challenge X.

This year, Curt asked us to produce a figure for someone else, not necessarily another Challenger. So, because my blolleague Millsy is sitting out this Challenge after having fought monster fires for the last couple of months, I decided he deserved a gesture of appreciation.


It's the old Warhammer Giant, a plastic model 110mm tall, and an imposing addition to Millsy's Orcs and Goblins, or Dogs of War armies. I really enjoyed painting this one; he's so characterful!


My most recent entry is this substantial lady, a Fertility Goddess from Reaper Miniatures.


Based on the Paleolithic Venus of Willendorf (only much, much bigger), she comes with a decorative base dotted with pots and baskets of offerings.


All I need to do is come up with some worshippers for the Green Goddess, and the vignette will be complete!

As she is an indisputably female figure, I was able to secure travel in Lady Sarah's Balloon, all the way to the other side of the island. This honour is vouchsafed only to those who have submitted a female figure as the price of passage.

I'm now at Awdry's Atoll, preparing a vignette based on an old CD. Hey, it's what Mr Awdry specified, and who am I to disagree?

What's up next?

Stay tuned...

Ev



6 comments :

  1. Great to see you are still in the hunt for points Ev and the goddess is brilliant! Now off you go and make me proud at the Atoll. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, I hope it all comes together!

      Delete
  2. Many beautiful minis Evan, my favorite is the splendid Fertility Goddess, cracking job on It!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, she is quite a presence, isn't she?

      Delete
  3. Great additions to the collection!

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...