Sunday 28 August 2016

Dystopian Wars - Kingdom of Britannia Update

Week one of the push to finish my Kingdom of Britannia fleet for Dystopian Wars has been most profitable. I've finished a large chunk of the surface force which is really pleasing as I thought it would take another week at least to reach this point.

Here's some shots of everything finished since last Sunday's kick-off post...





One battleship, two heavy cruisers, three light cruisers, three support cruisers, nine destroyers and nine frigates. I'll do that math for you... 27 surface craft in total!

In the end it's all about the heavies so here are some close-ups.





The only slightly disappointing aspect is the blue on the hulls doesn't match the existing stuff. It's a bit darker and I suspect that's because I used a different colour and have run out. Coupled with zero notes and a dodgy memory of the original process and this is what happens. No matter, I'll just update the original hulls to the darker blue which I prefer anyway as it happens.

Next week... carrier, aircraft and submersibles!

Cheers,
Millsy

13 comments :

  1. Excellent work, Michael - I do love the sharp geometry of these ships!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an impressive fleet, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been a busy boy Millsy.. Love stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great, the blue is a good colour

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful painting. I think I like painting ship miniatures the most and those look like a lot of fun to paint
    Very nicely done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are good fun. Incredibly detailed and the very best resin I've ever painted - crisp, bubble-free, just amazing casts.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. No, it's just hi-res printed on good quality paper :-)

      Delete
  7. Awesome. The flags make them more excellent. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent work Millsy! That's some pretty darn speedy brushwork!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Impressive turnaround Mr. Mills and they look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...