Friday 27 September 2019

Have You Tried Turning it Off and Back On Again?


And..... I'm back! I could give you all sorts of quite lengthy, detailed and for the most part genuine excuses for where I have been for the last few months but that just seems like a lot of effort.

Instead I'm going to pretend the blog was misbehaving technically somehow and we can all go back to doing whatever seems fun and pretend that never happened. Sound good? Excellent! In the words of Mel Bose the Terrain Tutor... Lets crack on!

So anyway, I actually have been doing quite a bit, it just hasn't made it as far as the computer and consequently not onto the blog. Of late I have become quite frustrated by the lack of face-to-face gaming time.

Consequently I've embarked on a pretty in-depth solo project using 15mm fantasy armies and Bob Cordery's excellent Portable Wargame rules which I have now read several times over, plus the accompanying volumes.

There is currently no PW fantasy variant documented by Bob, although a few fellow enthusiasts have done some bits and bobs (no pun intended). To fill the gap I've pinched bits from theirs and then had a stab for myself which I will share in due course.

Along with the rules I've also developed some troop type definitions by extending Bob's ancient period ones. I've also put together some army selectors along the lines of the old Warmaster Armies ones which fit the idea of the various armies I intend to paint and play with e.g. Warhammer Fantasy-esqe.

From a campaign perspective I've been really enjoying the ECW campaign material of Peter from Grid based wargaming - but not always and have shamelessy appropriated his campaign style including maps, terrain generation and much more. It's wonderfully compact, well thought out system and looks like a load of fun so I can't wait to start using it.

That's enough from me for now. Its good to be back in the saddle and there's more to come over the weekend including a bunch of painted 15mm orcs from the superb Ral Partha Demonworld stable.

Cheers,
Millsy

14 comments :

  1. That was certainly a mega computer glitch Millsy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Defo blame it on the computer... Good to see its 'fixed' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was quite a break Millsy. Good to have you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just assumed you were in prison.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Oh, you cunning devil, putting in that link to the terrain bloke! You know I can't be trusted around terrain projects!

      Delete
  6. Welcome back mate - you've been missed!
    See you at MOAB! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see you back, always blame the hardware!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be curious to see any solo batreps!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...