To genuinely call yourself a Wargamer, then you must have done most or all of the following;
* Spent at least £500 on figures / tanks - and you get extra kudos for every £500 you've spent
Absolutely. I try not to count. See my last post.
* Pricked your finger or thumb on a pike block - several times
Hell yes. I lost count of how times many painting the pike blocks for Cory's 40th alone...
|160 nasty little spikes...|
Yep. Five sets of rules for Napoleonics alone at last count.
* Bought an army off EBay
Yep. See my previous post ;-).
* Sold an army on EBay
Yep. Several in fact.
* spent months painting an army - then used it in anger once
Yep. I have a couple that have never even been played once. I really must do something about that.
* tried several different periods and genres
Yep, all the way from ancients to moderns with barely a gap.
* dropped a box of figures on the floor from a great height
No, thankfully. When Cory did I fairly thought someone had died when he phoned up.
* lost a battle on the last throw of the dice
Yep. Won it that way too.
* made at least one enemy for life
No. If that ever happens I'll give it all away. It's a GAME.
* had a proper, stand up argument over a wargamers table
I've come close. ;-)
* thrown a dice across a room
Yep, and set fire to one too. That little blighter has never let me down again.
* rebased an army for a different rule set
Absolutely. My ECW are on their third basing scheme for starters.
* inflicted a whopping defeat on an opponent
* suffered an embarrassing defeat due to a stupid tactical decision
All the time. Once even when the supid decision was by the opposition.
* joined a wargamers club
* bought a ton of lead that remains unpainted
Haha. See my previous post ;-).
* been to a wargamers show
* have more dice than is logical or necessary to own - and have used most of them
Logic doesn't come into it. When you play French you need red/white/blue. Same for Yanks. For Russians you need red. For Germans you need....
* have taken boxes of troops down to a club just to show them off to your mates
Does making there come to my house count?
I think I qualify.