Tuesday 28 October 2014

And Now for Something Completely Different

Apart from wargaming just about every period imaginable, I'm also rather keen on old school Dungeons & Dragons roleplaying, especially the original Basic edition of the game. When you couple that with enjoying the odd bit of desktop publishing you get stuff like this...


I've been Dungeon Mastering games of D&D since I was about 12 years old and have written the odd bit and bob before but never had a go at producing a fully fledged published module. I decided it was about time I gave it a go, so with help from Ev (editorial) and Nug (cover and interior art) I produced some proper dungeon crawl cheese. I even managed to con my wife and kids into playtesting it for me which was about the best fun I've ever had.

If you're interested it's available on DriveThruRPG. Download a copy and let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Millsy

7 comments :

  1. Ah the humble kobold - takes me back a bit... :-) Looks very professional !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. I love this self publishing free attitude. Looks like lots of fun.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good. I'll have to go dredge up my DriveThru RPG login. You might mention there something about the size of the module. Page count or likely number of sessions to play through or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting "history" Michael. I've never RPG'd, so may someday have to read up on this. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here are a couple of pictures of the Maps for, "Lair of Largash the Lurid", which I tiled over for play on Roll20.net!

    My players (Levels 1-3), just fought their way through, but got hesitant on the lower level after they found a "Stone to Flesh" scroll under, King Largash's throne in addition to the key.

    I had either added more monsters or upped their hit points in some cases, as well.

    Level 1:
    http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg253/PyroArrow/Largash_Lair_01_zps4fmwft5u.png~original

    Level 2:
    http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg253/PyroArrow/Largash_Lair_02_zpsginpase2.png~original

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very cool Ricky! I hope your party enjoyed themselves. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...