Saturday 21 May 2016

Random act of GIMPness

I arrived home on Thursday after a particularly trying day. The Reds had suffered an ignominious defeat in the Europa League final and work had been a bit of a bugger too. Contemplating another day of it on Friday wasn't helping either.

Awaiting me on my painting desk was an unexpected package. My first thought was "What have I bought this time? I don't even remember ordering this!"

Nothing at all to do with my uncontrollable purchasing predilections as it turns out... Inside was a surprise from the lovely Tamsin of Wargaming Girl, a rendition of my good self hard at work in the back yard priming miniatures like a maniac and decked out in the now infamous GIMP mask of Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge fame.




To say that cheered me up would be an understatement of epic proportions. It's things like this that reinforce for me how much of a wonderful community we share as wargames bloggers. That someone from the other side of the world would take the time and effort to put a smile on my face speaks volumes.

THANK YOU Tamsin :-)

Cheers,
Millsy


12 comments :

  1. What a wonderful package to get
    The likeness is striking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a truly splendid gift from a fellow blogger!

    I'm just amazed it arrived in such good condition; our own local parcel bloke likes to jump up and down on any delivery a couple of times before throwing it from the bottom of the stairs to bounce off our front door...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thursday was not a good day! Next season. But that is a wonderful piece of art to come home too. Very well done Tamsin.
    YNWA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was great.Gotta love random acts of kindness

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nicely done, great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This never ceases to bring a smile to my face either - a fabulous gesture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's excellent, great to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad that you enjoyed receiving this surprise gift from me. I had thought about keeping it but realised that it deserved to go to the subject of the piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Millsy is a GIMP!

    what a present.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...