Sunday 19 November 2017

AHPC VIII - Time to Prep!

The smell of snow on the wind, the faint sting of ice in the air, the naked trees and the dry leaves underfoot... (well, none of that is happening here in Sydney, but I'm assured that this is indeed the case in the other hemisphere)

That can only mean one thing; THE ANALOGUE HOBBIES PAINTING CHALLENGE IS COMING.

Snowlord Curt Campbell marshals his legions of painters.

The Snowlord stirs once more as his acolytes commence the rituals which will awaken him from his months-long slumber... The Clearing of the Workspaces, The Prepping of the Figures, The Cleansing of the Brushes, all accompanied by hypnotic chanting of the koans; "Is A Spider A Vehicle?" "What Gender Is That Bear?" "HOW many camels...?"

Well, I've decided not to get caught short this year, so...


Yep, that's my workbench - bit of a change from the first year's effort.


Next it's on to the task of cleaning and sorting the figs and trying to anticipate the themes for the bonus rounds, as yet unrevealed. So stay tuned...!

Ev

18 comments :

  1. Great to hear from you Ev and my word that is a tidy work bench!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear you're with us again Mate! I have been prepping as well but will post after the Snowlord posts his traditional 20 November notification. Besides I have a lot to prep this year...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to throw my hat into the ring and get prepping while I still had the mental momentum - this commits me to an actual course of action and will reduce dithering!

      Delete
  3. What??? The Challenge is upon us again - so soon?

    I'm not prepared, I have few mini's to paint and really no Vallejo left. Whatever shall I do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well, Miles, I'm sure you can rustle up another 4,000 or so points of figs from somewhere...
      ; )

      Delete
    2. After all, the stats don't lie!

      Delete
  4. Beat me to it mate! I'm already painting for the Old World Army Challenge and trying to prep at the same time. Yesterday saw a flurry of late orders go out for various items...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and I have to confess that I went a little crazy over at Front Rank... What size bases are we using for artillery and crew? Those guns were just too nice!

      Delete
  5. Haha! Great post, mate. I particularly like, 'Is a Spider a vehicle...' Classic. And nice pic of me about to get ready for the shower - you Old Perv!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I have the negatives, so play nice...
      ; )

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...