Saturday 11 November 2017

400K and a short walk

It appears that some time during the last week or so the blog views ticked over a bit of a milestone in the 400,000 range. Not something I keep much of an eye on very often but every once in a while the numbers kind of stick out. Given the fact that's a nice round number I made a thing. Enjoy...

Mmmm... psychedelic background and lime green font.

Given I also finished a super secret commission this morning and can't post any images (cause it's like secret) I decided to go for a short walk and take some photos instead.

Approximately 10kms and 90 minutes later I was back having enjoyed the delights of Shaw's Ridge and the Blue Gum Swamp, one of my local round trip walks and one I should do more often.

Next time it'll be Grose Head South and down to Yarramundi I think

Nobody but me, loads of birds and one 8 foot long high speed red bellied black snake

Most of these gums are much older and just a wee bit taller than yours truly.

Trees. And ferns. And tree ferns.

Eucalyptus deanei, aka the mountain blue gum

Right, that's enough blather. I'm off to paint some Perry brothers Empire troops for the Old World Army Challenge and prep some stuff for the upcoming Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge.

Cheers,
Millsy

10 comments :

  1. Congratulations on the reaching an impressive milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An 8 foot long snake?! That's almost as bad as last year's spiders...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh yer such a tease.... secret stuff...

    Looks like a fine walk.... well apart from 8 foot snakes ..surely you must be thinking of getting into Congo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice scenes - and the banner is very eye-catching (quite pleasing really). I love Eucalyptus trees - recall walking in woods in Hawaii with the Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts marveling at how the bark peals off in different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now if it wasn't for the 8' snakes, I might be tempted to say that it rather the most beautiful thing I have seen all day. Very many congratulations on the milestone, proud to have been responsible for putting a couple a couple of runs on the scoreboard for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Here's to the next 600,000!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...