Saturday 30 May 2015

Back to Glorantha Again, or Alarums and Conversions

Now, how often does something like this happen? Two posts in a row from Ev, and less than a week apart?

Relax, I haven't gone and done anything rash, like painting another figure or anything, but I have decided to try my hand at a spot of conversion with this plastic Orlanthi Chieftain.

Aggression on hessian!

He's very much an experiment, and an incomplete one at that; a bit more tidying up and some judicious work with the old Green Stuff and he should paint up OK. The shield is just blu-tacked into position so I can get an idea of how it looks on the figure.

I see this fellow as a fairly wealthy noble of an Orlanthi clan. Orlanth is the Storm God worshipped by the barbarians of Dragon Pass, in the southern provinces of the Lunar Empire. The Orlanthi are every bit as tempestuous as their god, and uprisings against Lunar occupation are not uncommon, at least when the clans aren't feuding with one another. 

The torso, arms and legs are from a Victrix Carthaginian veteran, the sword, shield with javelins, scabbard and head are from the Warlord Games Celtic Warriors boxed set, and the wolfskin cloak is from the Agema Miniatures Roman Velites sprue. 

Despite his decidedly varied heritage, I think we're off to a good start.

Stay tuned!

Ev





12 comments :

  1. Looks great! Very much like my own image of an Orlanthi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant "mental image".

    I have a small Gloranthan piece of my own to post tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, looking forward to seeing the new work - you're in the zone right now!

      Delete
  3. You sound like me. I've done three posts this month for a total of six for the year. Good God, if I keep up this pace, people might come to expect it and we don't want that.

    The conversion is coming along nicely. Everything about the pose looks natural to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, I'm loving what you're posting lately - you've got a talent for rendering textiles that I can only envy and admire! So please, keep it up!

      Getting the pose right is always a knotty one - I've done conversions which have failed all because of one awkwardly-placed limb. Doing a dry run is a must (thank you, Blu-Tack!). But I think I'm getting there!

      Delete
  4. Very nice indeed Ev! Does this mean the rest of those three boxes count as "spares" now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you want to try your hand at a Lunar regiment? There's quite a bit of raw material left!

      Delete
  5. I do love these plastic kits so many options and this looks particularly good - bravo Sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Mr Awdry. I'm quite chuffed myself with how he's progressing!

      Delete
  6. Nice! Now, get some paint on the lad - chop, chop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! Now, get some paint on the lad - chop, chop! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...