Friday 21 March 2014

4th Annual Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge Wrap Up

Wow, what a ride! The 4th Annual Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge is done and dusted for another year. It's actually a full three months long but looking back it always seems more like three minutes.

Curt is a living legend (at least of the blogosphere) and deserves truck loads of kudos for putting the event on. When Sarah finally decides she's had enough and throws you out there's always a bed for you at my place mate.

This year there was a total of 60 participants from all over the globe battling it out and producing some truly amazing entries in terms of quality, quantity and breadth. I finished a pretty creditable 9th on the points tally which is an improvement of 4 places on last year. It's not really about that for me though even though it is fun to be a bit competitive. What's more important is sharing the fun with all the other amazing participants and seeing all their wonder and inspiring work.

Some highlights of my challenge...
Final ranking: 9/60
Points total: 1948 (beating my initial target of 1250 and just short of my revised 2000 target)
Bonus rounds: Submitted for all seven and snuck home for a win on the final Last Stand round.
Achievements: Painted something like 250 x 28mm miniatures and a swag of other stuff. That included a complete Dystopian Wars Britannian fleet and also an entire 2,500pt Warhammer Fantasy Battle army (that one inside of a month!)

Not bad at all and I'm pretty chuffed with what I achieved. Here's a quick visual recap...








A fair chunk of Dystopian Wars


My favourite entry, Kemmler and Co







2,500 points of Undead in one month :-)












Watch out Cromwell, Rupert's coming for you!


I'll show you where the Iron Crosses grow!

They call him the Cereal Box Kid

And lastly my winning entry from the final bonus round, The Retreat from Moscow in 28mm. Cheers to everyone who voted for me. I was very flattered and a little surprised to take the podium given the quality of the opposition.



And that's it. When I list it out like it makes me wonder where I found the time. Just putting the list together took a good 20 minutes alone. Now it's time for a breather from the painting desk and maybe a little something medicinal to tide me over the depression from it being all over for another year.

Thanks for looking and please leave a comment or three!

Cheers,
Millsy

19 comments :

  1. Great painting fella. All of it.
    A big effort and a very productive 3 months for you.
    Cheers to you fellow wild bunch veteran.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great painting overall! I loved your Oldhammer entries, great looking minis and you sure painted them up nicely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Samuli. Maybe one day they'll get used too :-)

      Delete
  3. Wow! That's great. I especially like your tomb stalker and the animated statues covered with moss. Cheers, Karl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karl. The stalker was a lot of work but well worth it.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the 9th place, winning the Last Stand and an excellent variety of entries :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Tamsin. Thought I might have caught you but you proved me wrong. Just!

      Delete
  5. An amazing run with an amazing finish. You got 1st in the bonus round. SWEET, and well earned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning work, very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bloody great work throughout the challenge sir!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheers Andrew. Ditto on sharing the challenge as well

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on a terrific result, Michael.

    Almost makes me want to throw my hat into the ring for next year - almost!
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was just blown away by what you managed to do Millsy. particularly the undead army - awesome stuff indeed; then along came your Last Stand and wow! Fabulous contributions and a splendid challenger to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A stunning array Millsy! You really pushed the boat out this year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing work on all of these. I'm glad you posted this recap, as I had missed many of these marvelous entries. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great collection, if only we could all match out Challenge output,all the time!!!! The only trouble is you've got to beat that score next time round!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...