Wednesday 12 March 2014

A Few Cross Words

Or a few words on my new Celtic Cross... Just enough time to post a quick WIP shot before I leave for work!

I bought it online direct from Ainsty Castings as a bit of atmospheric terrain for SAGA.


As you can see, it cleaned up a treat; after some work to clear a minor casting fault (one blocked cell in the cross - no big deal), it was based on a piece of MDF with sand for texture, and undercoated in black.

I've just drybrushed it in various shades of grey (not quite 50, more like five) and I think that'll do for the moment; I'll be painting on a bit of lichen to dress it up, and some more of the new Tajima1 tufts around the base. The puffins in the background indicate that this might be somewhere in the Orkneys, who can say?

More later, stay tuned!

Evan

8 comments :

  1. Great work and a great piece of color for SAGA!

    My favorite memorial at Gettysburg is this Celtic cross with a bronze wolfhound in front, dedicated to the Irish Brigade. Very powerful, very moving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monty, I hope to bling it up just a little more before it hits the tabletop.

      I can't leave all the terrain-making to Millsy; that would be a bit much, especially given his output to date!

      Delete
  2. Wow! That came out brilliant mate. Can't wait to chase your hairy wee laddies around it a few times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My lads don't run. They tend to get killed off where they stand, though...

      Delete
  3. That's come out very nice! I think you now need some of Warbases' new Highland cattle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Edwin, as long as my braw laddies don't get distracted and try to steal them, some kyloes might be just the thing!

      Delete
  4. A cracking piece of work and the puffins have certainly brightened my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mr Awdry, I hope to pique everyone's interest with my next instalment, so stay tuned!

      And we do love our puffins - we went to Skomer Island off Pembrokeshire back in 2009 and saw hundreds of the little fellows!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...