Monday 18 July 2016

A Song of Frost & Gravy, Part The Second, or The Winter's Tale

Is it that time already...?

It's been over three months since my last blog post on the tail end of the Sixth Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge, and it seems that I've barely had time to scratch myself, let alone get anything hobby-related decently begun. Plus, this winter's head cold is a bloody pain in the proverbials, pardon my French.

Besides, the estimable Mr Mills has been left to do all the heavy lifting on C&G while I've been otherwise engaged, so I'd better put in some effort to try and hold up my end of the rope.

So I've decided to get back on the hobby horse and see if I can't get some momentum going. I'm resuming work on some more monsters for Frostgrave, since it's all very well to have a warband, but every scenario needs random encounters and adversaries.

First up is this little chap, a Reaper Bones Giant Spider. Cheap as chips, he'll be appearing in the well-loved role of the Ice Spider, the galloping predator of the ruins of Felstad.


He'll need a suitable base of course; he's not terribly imposing sitting there with all eight legs on the ground. So a chunk of pine bark, a few quartz chips, some white pumice paste on a 40mm Renedra round base, and a pin to secure Mr Spider to his perch, and voilĂ !


Painted to a suitable standard;


...and with the painted Ice Spider given a preliminary placement, it's not looking too bad given that I've not been within shouting distance of a paintbrush for longer than I care to remember!





He'll need the regulation snowdrifts as set dressing, but we'll get on to that soon enough - this is just a WIP post!

More later - stay tuned!

Ev

13 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Michal, he's almost finished! More monsters to come...

      Delete
  2. Great to hear from you Ev and a splendid offering first up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's been far too long - thanks for the kind words!

      Delete
  3. Welcome back, this spider is fantastic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin - I've just been over to have a look at the slashfest on your own blog. Looking good!

      Delete
  4. Nice, nice, love the spider!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil, he seems to have scrubbed up OK for a cheap fig!

      Delete
  5. Another fine addition to the creepy crawly collection mate. Good to see you back on the tools!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, we need more monsters, especially with another FG supplement just around the corner!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Stefan, I needed to get painting again; let's see if I can keep up the momentum!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...