In total I've produced an even dozen x four inch lengths, giving me four feet of wall. Once I'm made some broken sections, corners and gates that will extend out to about six feet. I'm going to hold off casting any more straight sections for now to see how much space these occupy on the table. I supect I'll want more but that's not an issue apart from materials cost.
|Three of the dozen sections|
Painting was a pretty simple process:
- A quick double blast of matt black enamel primer, followed by a manual touch up of the spots that still didn't get covered - mainly in the cracks.
- Three successive dry brushes of grey starting with 100% mid grey, followed by 50/50 mid grey and white and finally 75/25 mid grey and white.
- A quick touch up with black ink to correct any over painting - again mainly in the cracks.
- Matt varnish to seal.
- Glue to trimmed tongue depressors and add sand / gravel mix.
- Coat with dark brown, then dry brush mid brown and finally cream.
- Static grass.
Here's a few more shots...
|The whole shebang...|
Stay tuned for some shots of them in use!