Wednesday 2 February 2011

Diverted!


The handsome chap above is the reason things have been quiet on the Ogre front lately.
In short, a young friend got the Assault on Black Reach boxed set for Christmas, and asked me to paint up his commander figures for him. I hope to have a picture of the Ork Warboss to post here, but in the meantime, here's the Ultramarine Captain in all his glory.
I'm quite pleased with the result, and it was well worth the time taken to get it just right. I'm also impressed with the quality of the modelling on this guy, and the amount of detail certainly warrants taking care with the paint job.
So who knows, maybe I'll grab a box and resume work on my 40K Orks at some point... although I confess that I also offered to paint up the Black Reach Ork Nobz for young Patrick, since they're also very nice figs, but the commission will have to end there. Pretty good practice though, and I've picked up a few pointers on making the most of the models. Patrick is painting his rank-and-file groundpounders as we speak, so that will work out nicely.
But, I made a commitment to complete the Ogres to a playable level, so that's going to be the project for the foreseeable future. Still, it does you good to get out once in a while, and break the monotony!
More later....

3 comments :

  1. Absolutely lovely Evman. Is the flag all hand-painted too???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extraordinarily tidy dude!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alas, no, the flag is moulded, but the lettering was mine. I'm not quite up to ornate hand-painted banners just yet, I'll leave that to the Napoleonics fans!

    Thanks for your support, guys, it's all very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...